Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Final Four

Well, it’s nice to be back in the Natural State once again. My trip to the Gulf Coast was a time of relaxation that was much needed. Some souvenirs I brought home with me included cinnamon rolls from Lambert’s, the satisfaction of pulling a few fish from the sea, a sunburn, Pepa’s Lincoln, and a few extra pounds no thanks to Mema’s handiwork in the kitchen. The one thing I didn’t bring back with me is points. I seemed to have lost them somewhere between Romar Beach and Yazoo City. A few of you, however, found them and not a moment too soon for you.

Since today, I’m off again on another Spring Break adventure, I do not have much time to dedicate to this post. Not much time or not much motivation. You’ll understand when you see the standings. Sadly, let’s go ahead and look at them.

Rank/Previous Rank/Name

1 / 1 / Kris
2 / 12 / Pepa
3 / 6 / Carol
4 / 3 / Monkey
5 / 7/ Kevin
6/ 4 / Mike
7 / 5 / Chuck
7 / 2 / Rob
9 / 15/ Michelle
10 / 12 / Tracee
11 /14 / Kelly G
12/ 7 / Cherie
12 / 7 / Kelly S
14 / 10 / Chris
15 / 11 / Drew
16 /16 / Mema
17 / 17/ Abe

As you may have noticed, there are no points listed. Unbelievably, there are eight (I think) players who can still win this thing. Also, some of the eight players with a chance are not currently in the top eight of the rankings. So, you must continue to root hard and persevere the duration, until the last buzzer sounds, unless you are Chris, Drew, Mema, or Abe. I like to refer to this group as the Final Four; the final four to be listed on the rankings no matter the outcome of these last games.

I would like to congratulate everyone on their Final Four selections. Every participant correctly identified at least one team in the Final Four, except Abe of course (Penn was so close). Also you may have notice some major movement in the standings. The most drastic leap came from Pepa. See what happens when you take the Bom fishing. And it doesn’t hurt to run the table in the Final Four round. That’s right. Pepa nailed all four teams, leading to a 32 point round for him. 32 points and bunch of gum-bumping smack talk I would assume. Also there seems to be some controversy dealing with Pepa’s selections. There may have to be an internal investigation into some insider information that may have been received by Pepa prior to the tourney start. If you are interested in this case, please hassle Pepa.

Well, I’m off to Toon Town with high hopes of fairing better than I have in this competition. One royal flush ought to bring my spirits up. Well, at least the buffet never lets me down.

Bom and Babe

No comments: