Thursday, July 27, 2006

Anniversary


On July 27, 2002, four years ago today, in front of two large families, numerous friends, and God Himself, I said to my wife, “I will.” Yep. Oopsie daisy. How can you mess up the “I do” part of your own wedding? Not a promising beginning as a husband. But a beginning nonetheless, and despite my endless shortcomings, Kelly and I are still married and still happy today, four years later.

This last year was a year of growth. Not only for our marriage but also for ourselves. Kelly completed her first year at a new school and also took on responsibilities at her school library. She is now the church librarian and has already given our little church library a dramatic and much needed makeover.

Tiger, our kitty, has also grown in the last year. He has matured to the point where we permit him entrance into our bedroom after dark. Normally he is forbidden because he boxes the mini-blinds and eats the fake plants. He still gets shooed out when he abuses his privileges, but for the most part, he acts appropriately (at least until we go to sleep).

I think the most important, in all regards, is the fact that Kelly and I have grown spiritually. This only strengthens our marriage. I cannot fathom my life without my wife. I have absolutely loved the first four years of our lives together, and I can’t wait to see what the next year holds for us. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

2 comments:

The Main Family said...

Congratulations, you two!!!

I vaguely remember the "I will" now that you mention it. People tend to forget stuff like that over the years, and remember the important things like that Chris and Kelly are married now, and maybe, like, you know, the cake was really good...or maybe just pretty good cake....or something of that sort of nature.

The church library work is phenomenal. Everybody in central Arkansas should "check out" the new organized shelves & decor. Chris Pixley would be proud!

I loved this line:
"I have absolutely loved the first four years of our lives together, and I can’t wait to see what the next year holds for us. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow."

Well, today is yesterday's tomorrow, so...I hope it's going well.

-Bryan

Chris Glaze said...

Thanks Mains. I'll pass on the sentiment and library compliments to the Mrs. The cake was good...I think.