Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Fantasy World

First of all I must apologize for being gone for so long. I don’t think I’ve written anything for about a month, and I vow to never let that happen again. My excuse lies within a new world that I have recently discovered. That is the realm of fantasy football. Yes, you read right. So, in an attempt to combine the two, I am incorporating my studies on fantasy football into my blogging rotation. Let’s begin.
For the next few months, this will be the location to get one day old fantasy football information. I scour sports websites and digital newspapers and watch endless Sportscenter reruns in order to compile a not so complete, somewhat biased, layout of analysis and advice. Now, after three weeks of competition, I have climbed the rungs of my fantasy league, landing myself at an 0-2-1 record. So, that is the ruler by which you may measure my information. Sort of like taking shampoo advice from a bald man, it doesn’t make much sense. And by the way, I prefer Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine, in the green bottle.
First, please a moment of silence. If you listened very carefully, you heard two things. One, the cracking of a foot bone, and two, the scream of a pathetic man who chose Shaun Alexander in the first round. Me. The 2005 MVP is out indefinitely (two to four weeks) with a broken foot. Some experts are saying this is the time to trade him while the price is still high, but I recommend hanging on, because this guy will be back and he should pile up the points before the season is over. But as of now, Mo Morris will be starting, an option if you’re desperate.
Chris Simms is still recovering from the emergency removal of his spleen after Sunday’s game. He is out indefinitely. His backup is sixth-round rookie Bruce Gradkowski. Careful picking him up, he had a good preseason, but the Bucs are already dragging in veterans like Tommy Maddox and Shaun King to give it a go. Cadillac Williams looks like he’ll get a good deal of touches if he stays healthy.
After a fumble fest, Matt Leinart is rumored to start in place of Kurt Warner for the Cardinals in week 4. Michael Vick’s numbers were not impressive against the Saints, but that was due in large to dropped balls by Alge Crumpler, who is still his number one target and still a must start. Mark Brunell has some elbow pain but shouldn’t miss any playing time. Vernon Davis, 49ers tight end, is out for a month, so back up Eric Johnson is an excellent pick up and a roster starter if you need him. Matt Jones, aka Big Slim, should be returning for week 4 play. Ron Dayne seems to have sealed up the starting job for the Texans, but should see some carries go to Samkon Gado, although Gado did not touch the ball in week 3. Jets RB Leon Washington will probably see increased playing time with his impressive performance Sunday. Frank Gore injured his ribs Sunday, but is expected to be back for week 4 and may split time with rookie Michael Robinson after failing to score on the goal line. Corey Dillon should also be back in action for week 4, but is losing ground to backup Laurence Maroney in popularity. After sitting out week 3, Reuben Droughns should also return to action for the Browns. Adam Vinatieri is iffy for week 4.
I know this is all very fast paced and quite unorganized, and in the future I promise to plan better. The injury report comes out on Wednesday, so there will be more information then. If you have any comments or fantasy questions, I will do my best to give you the 0-2-1 answer that you deserve.

1 comment:

Matt Gumm said...

It's a wonder you can find time for anything else.

Just be glad you don't have kids--you'd never have time to blog. :)